A client of mine got a reply to an email that said:
You are good man. You are really good. Probably the only newsletter I open often.
Now here's how you get fan mail like that...
You get really good at making connections from what you see.
There's a subconscious part of my brain that's always looking for angles for the emails I write.
When I read books, live my life, or hear stories from others living their life.
I train that mechanism to always be on.
For the email I was talking about earlier...
I was reading Deep Work and I saw a quote from a farmer talking about why he bought hay instead of making his own hay in-house.
And I turned that into an email about why being "omni-present" online is not worth the effort and how to shortcut that by using my clients offer (a podcast booking SaaS).
I can use that angle for almost any offer.
- Why writing your own copy is a waste of time and you should hire me to write it
- Why you shouldn't try to figure out everything on your own and hire a coach instead
- Why going to the DMV to save a few bucks is actually costing you... and why you should use an online service instead
- Why looking for free info on YouTube isn't as effective as buying this course
- Why not hiring a trainer is costing you gains... even though you might be saving a few bucks in the short run
I could keep going forever if I wanted to.
But just remember...
There's an angle in everything.
You just have to know how to spin it.